Time for another Recipe Review post! Presenting my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe: Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies by Oh She Glows! I get so much satisfaction in finding the “perfect” recipe for pretty much anything – vegan biscuits, chocolate cakes, etc. Although I have yet to find the perfect vegan biscuit recipe, I think this is pretty much the perfect vegan chocolate chip cookie.
Here’s what you need to know:
* this is not health food. I’m good with that, if you are!
* I consider this to be a very good, classic chocolate chip cookie. For me, that means they are soft, chewy, very sweet, and full of buttery vanilla flavor.
* these cookies contain gluten. As for soy and nuts, that just depends on which brand of chocolate chips you use. I used Guittard semi-sweet chocolate chips and they are my new favorites! I like them much better than Enjoy Life brand, which are too sweet and one-dimensional for me.
*The recipe gives you an option for the fat source: you may use 7 tablespoons Earth Balance and 1 tablespoon olive oil for a crispier cookie, or a full 8 tablespoons (half a cup) of Earth Balance for a softer cookie. I opted for only Earth Balance, resulting in a very soft and chewy cookie.
*making super large cookies (mine were about the size of my palm), the yield is about 9 cookies.
* I found that this recipe took me about 30 minutes to get into the oven, mostly because I used a stand mixer rather than a hand mixer. Pretty easy, as far as cookies go!
* I baked my cookies for about 12 minutes, but it’s easy to tell when they are done. They will be puffy (though they flatten down when out of the oven), with very slightly golden edges and still-pale tops.
I highly recommend this recipe to anybody, vegan or otherwise, and I hope you enjoyed this post! 🙂
Question of the Day:
Will you be cooking for Thanksgiving? Or will you be enjoying somebody else’s labors? I plan on doing both!